Thursday, December 27, 2018

SELF REALISATION



SELF REALISATION. A SIMPLE EXERCISE.
J.K. SIVAN

For years I feel I am living a meaningless life of no hope. Some unhappiness is always there. I did not lack money. I was educated, got a good job, a decent salary, some good friends, and a loving family...yet......

Nobody who read the above would expect a person to be unhappy and yet,... I lived a monotonous routine life every day. I find and think everyone is like me with no difference!. All seem to be stuck with something. leading to .an automatic mechanical life.

I began to search for an answer. Why do so many people just live like this and accept the above pattern of life, as it is the normal way of living.?

I have come across many books on philosophy, psychology, and spirituality. As I was thinking and repeatedly searching myself for an answer ONE DAY I got it, a key to be my problem,

It was not from any book, It was my ability to ''ACCEPT WHAT IS'' I chose it and grabbed it. The points that led me to ''ACCEPT WHAT IS'' are

1. I begin to remember that I am powerful. Most of the time we dont know what we are supposed to do. We imitate others conforming to certain known pracatices followed by everyone. We must understand that we play various roles in life from stage to stage, from time to time, identifying ourselves ''I am a doctor, a salesperson, a secretary, a lawyer, teacher, a typist ''. We feel '' I am sad, happy, lonely, miserable. angry, jealous, afraid, and I can’t help it—it’s who I am'' That is where the problem lies. In fact, the truth is I am none of those things. They are symptoms of the sleepwalking disease. Everyone is more important than any label. We are not our emotions, feelings and professions. We are something far higher, greater, superior, far more important, and far more than what our mind understood us to be.. We are far more powerful than we think we are.

2. I should not miss or loose every moment that comes my way. I am not bothered by the difficulties and obstacles and disappointments. I should not focus on these trivial matters and start focusing on what’s really important to me. I dont have any expectations..Life is not hard and
unfair and I have no complaints whatsoever. I dont change anything other than me. If I change myself everything automatically is found changed. That is the magic. Wake up to the truth that life is not a practice-run. Let me learn to say ''NO'' where I have to be firm and decided. I am bold and courageous, and make decisions that benefit the growth of myself and others around me.
Time will not change or wait for anyone under any circumstances. I realise it. There is no ''better time to come''. Now is the moment to seize and live.

3. I am the controller of my actions. I create what is reality and positive for me to perform my responsibility. I organise my thoughts and beliefs accordingly to plan my life fully under my own control and ACCEPT IT. What I see inside is what appears to me externally and nothing. If we see anything as a problem, it becomes so. Circumstances test it to lose our control over. I will not let it go so easily. I cannot control what is moving outside but I can very well control MY REACTIONS TO ALL THE SITUATIONS I OBSERVE OUTSIDE.

I am powerful, because my inner world guards me and prevents the influence of the outer world to affect me. If someone observes me and say I have a great personal power, i admit YES I HAVE 100%GREAT INNER PERSONAL POWER. Dont doubt your own self. You have and can exercise more control than you think.

4. You must know that no one is better qualified to give opinion about you than YOU. If you allow it, then it robs you of your personal power. So it is better not to care or think what anybody says about you. It is insignificant and has no value. If your own thoughts and decisions agree with others' then you accept or agree with them. Otherwise dont argue, just ignore. As no body knows you better than you, the views and opinions of others ABOUT YOU, is to be ignored.

5. Believe that you are more than enough. If you compare yourself to some, let that person be someone less fortunate. '' உனக்கும் கீழே உள்ளவர் கோடி, நினைத்து பார்த்து நிம்மதி நாடு..'' This saying of Kannadasan always encouraged me to realise how abundant my life truly is. It’s just a matter of perspective. I always say I am the most happy man, and dont need anythying. I have everything and so I have every right now to feel happy. Otherwise I am caught by want and desire and there is no limit to it and I cannot satisfy all these. I will find myself surrounded by misery and unhappiness. I find my health is good because of this.

6. I will end this with a great saying ''Love yourself'' Everything you need is right here. Cut out the distractions, open your eyes, and see that you already have everything in your possession to be happy, loved, and fulfilled. It is not ouside. It was not there at any time. It has been inside me always. I realised it late. It lay covered by dust and garbage. Be yourself. Love yourself completely and accept everything that you are.You are beautiful. Believe it, and most importantly, remind yourself often.

we will think more in next article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GHANTASALA SONG

 கண்டசாலா  விருந்து  ஒன்று.  #நங்கநல்லூர்_J_K_SIVAN   ''தண்ணொளி வெண்ணிலவோ''   என்ற  அருமையான   கண்டசாலா வெங்கடேஸ்வர ராவ் கணீ...