Monday, October 30, 2017

BHAGAVAN SRI RAMANA'S TALKS

BHAGAVAN SRI RAMANA'S TALKS : J.K. SIVAN

IT IS NOT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND BHAGAVAN RAMANA IF YOU READ THE QUESTIONS PUT TO HIM AND THE ANSWERS GIVEN BY HIM, SLOWLY, CONCENTRATING ON EACH WORD ATTENTIVELY WITH INVOLVEMENT AND INTEREST TO LEARN.- It is made simple for you. So you will enjoy profusely. JKS

Maharishi Ramana: Because you identify yourself with the body you have accepted objects as being outside you. But are you the body? You are not. You are the Self. There are all the objects and the whole universe.
Nothing can escape the Self. How then can you move away from the Master who is your very Self? Suppose your body moves from a place; does it ever move away from your Self? Similarly, you can never be without the Master.

Devotee: ‘’Can I be enabled to realise the Truth.
M.: Is there any moment when you have not realised the Self? Can you ever be apart from the Self? You are always That.

D.: You are the great Master shedding joy and bliss on the world.Your love is indeed unlimited that you choose to abide in the world in human shape! But I wish to know if one should necessarily realise one’s Self before being of help to the country and a leader of men.
M.: Realise the Self first and the rest will follow.

D.: America is now the foremost country in industrial matters,
mechanical engineering, scientific advance and other worldly
affairs. Will she come up to the same level in spiritual life also?
M.: Certainly, she is bound to.

D.: Thank God that it will be so! I am a partner in an Engineering firm. But it is not of vital concern to me. I try to bring spiritual ideals into the work-a-day life of the firm.
M.: That is good. If you surrender yourself to the Higher Power all is well. That Power sees your affairs through. Only so long as you think that you are the worker you are obliged to reap the fruits of your actions. If on the other hand, you surrender yourself and recognise your individual self as only a tool of the Higher Power, that Power will take over your affairs along with the fruits of actions.You are no longer affected by them and the work goes on unhampered. Whether you recognise the Power or not the scheme of things does not alter.Only there is a change of outlook.

Why should you bear your load on the head when you are travelling on a train? It carries you and your load whether the load is on your head or on the floor of the train. You are not lessening the burden of the train by keeping it on your head but only straining yourself unnecessarily. Similar is the sense of doership in the world by the individuals.

D.: I have been interesting myself in metaphysics for over twenty years. But I have not gained any novel experience as so many others claim to do. I have no powers of clairvoyance, clairaudience, etc. I feel myself locked up in this body and nothing more.
M.: It is right. Reality is only one and that is the self. All the rest are mere Phenomena in it, of it and by it. The seer, the objects and the sight, all are the self only. Can anyone see or hear, leaving the self aside? What difference does it make to see or hear anyone in close proximity or over enormous distance? The organs of sight and hearing are needed in both cases; so also the mind is required. None of them can be dispensed with in either case. There is dependence one way or another. Why then should there be a glamour about clairvoyance or clairaudience?

Moreover, what is acquired will also be lost in due course. They
can never be permanent.
The only permanent thing is Reality; and that is the Self. You
say “I am”, “I am going”, “I am speaking”, “I am working”, etc.
Hyphenate “I am” in all of them. Thus I - AM. That is the abiding
and fundamental Reality. This truth was taught by God to Moses:
“I AM that I-AM”. “Be still and know that I-AM God.” so “I-AM”


is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GHANTASALA SONG

 கண்டசாலா  விருந்து  ஒன்று.  #நங்கநல்லூர்_J_K_SIVAN   ''தண்ணொளி வெண்ணிலவோ''   என்ற  அருமையான   கண்டசாலா வெங்கடேஸ்வர ராவ் கணீ...