Wednesday, September 5, 2018

MAHARSHI RAMANA



BHAGAVAN SRI RAMANA'S TALKS : J.K. SIVAN

IT IS NOT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND BHAGAVAN RAMANA IF YOU READ THE QUESTIONS PUT TO HIM AND THE ANSWERS GIVEN BY HIM, SLOWLY, CONCENTRATING ON EACH WORD ATTENTIVELY WITH INVOLVEMENT AND INTEREST TO LEARN.- It is made simple for you so that you will enjoy His teaching profusely.

RAMANA MAHARSHI: Some people even say that while they sleep they are enclosed somewhere in the body. They forget that such an idea did not persist in sleep but rises up only on waking. They bring their waking-state to bear upon their sleep.
DEVOTEE: “Can you kindly give me a summary of your teachings?”
M.: They are found in small booklets, particularly Who am l?

D.: I shall read them. But may I have the central point of your
teachings from your lips?
M.: The central point is the thing.

D.: It is not clear.
M.: Find the Centre.

D.: I am from God. Is not God distinct from me?
M.: Who asks this question? God does not ask it. You ask it. So find who you are and then you may find if God is distinct from you.

D.: But God is Perfect and I am imperfect. How can I ever know Him fully?
M.: God does not say so. The question is for you. After finding who you are you may see what God is.

D.: But you have found your Self. Please let us know if God is distinct from you.
M.: It is a matter of experience. Each one must experience it himself.

D.: Oh! I see. But God is Infinite and I am finite. I have a
personality which can never merge into God. Is it not so?
M.: Infinity and Perfection do not admit of parts. If a finite being comes out of infinity the perfection of infinity is marred. Thus your statement is a contradiction in terms.

D.: No. I see both God and creation.
M.: How are you aware of your personality?

D.: I have a soul. I know it by its activities.
M.: Did you know it in deep sleep?

D.: The activities are suspended in deep sleep.
M.: But you exist in sleep. So do you now too. Which of these two is your real state?
D.: Sleep and waking are mere accidents. I am the substance behind the accidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GHANTASALA SONG

 கண்டசாலா  விருந்து  ஒன்று.  #நங்கநல்லூர்_J_K_SIVAN   ''தண்ணொளி வெண்ணிலவோ''   என்ற  அருமையான   கண்டசாலா வெங்கடேஸ்வர ராவ் கணீ...